Archive for the ‘Upcoming Events’ Category
I am so excited to announce the launch of Law School for Wedding Professionals — a new kind of workshop focusing on the legalities of owning, protecting and growing your wedding industry business. I’ll be hitting the road starting in September for a twelve-city workshop tour that includes: Washington, D.C., Atlanta, New York City, Boston, Chicago, Nashville, San Francisco, Phoenix, Dallas, Seattle, Orlando and Los Angeles. Class sizes are limited in order to allow for more personal interaction and tailored instruction based on the specifics of your business. Each workshop runs from 9am to 6pm, and includes breakfast and lunch. We will cover a ton of material in the workshops, including structuring your business, protecting your brand through trademarks, social media law, copyrights and employment issues, and your admission fee also includes the review and revision of your client contract (or preparation of a new contract if you do not have one), with one-on-one attorney counseling and drafting specific to your business’s needs. Your new or revised contract will be completed within 14 days of your workshop attendance date, helping to ensure that you and your business are protected as you approach the busy engagement/booking season.
Head on over to the Law School for Wedding Professionals website for more details, dates, etc., and feel free to send any questions to firstname.lastname@example.org. I am also excited to be offering one scholarship to your choice of workshop cities; to enter, leave a comment below explaining how Law School for Wedding Professionals would help your business, and one winner will be selected at random on September 6, 2011. If your city is not included in this leg of the Law School for Wedding Professionals tour, comment below, email email@example.com or tweet @wedprolawschool, and we will work to make it happen!
UPDATE: Because the workshops are quickly filling up, if you want to secure your spot (and the early registration fee) now, you can go on and register for your city AND also enter to win the scholarship. If your name is selected on September 6th, your admission fee will be refunded.
UPDATE #2: Erin of Bustle is the winner of the Law School for Wedding Pros scholarship!
I cannot believe how quickly this summer has flown by! And how neglected this poor blog has become! So much has been happening over the last few months, and I have been so blessed by the amazing response to the launch of my law practice, Carrier & Associates. I don’t think I ever imagined that the business would grow so quickly, or that I would be given such amazing opportunities so soon. So I figured it was probably a good time to recap what’s been going on, and also to recommit to providing quality blog posts with valuable legal info for event professionals and other creative businesses.
Some highlights since the official launch of Carrier & Associates and The Law for Creatives:
- Had the opportunity to speak to LA-area wedding pros at The Bridal Bar
- Traveled to San Francisco to hold a workshop for wedding and event pros
- Had the opportunity to be a guest blogger on Sage Wedding Pros
- Opened the new law firm office in Beverly Hills (photos coming soon!)
- Spoke in San Diego for the Wedding Industry Professionals Association
- Had the opportunity to speak at Engage!11 at the Grand Del Mar
- Spoke at BizBash West in Pasadena
- Interview published in Special Events Magazine
- Spoke at Coordinator Confab at the SLS Hotel
- Spoke before the Association of Bridal Consultants – Greater Los Angeles
And some upcoming opportunities:
- Speaking before the Association of Bridal Consultants – Orange County next week
- Speaking before the Association of Bridal Consultants – San Diego in September
- Speaking at the WedSmith conference in Salt Lake City in October
- Heading to Tampa, FL to speak at The Special Event conference in January
- and another big announcement coming soon!
I am so lucky to be able to combine my (nerdy) love for the law with my passion for all things creative, and I couldn’t ask for more amazing and inspiring clients and supporters. Thank you all for your encouragement and continued support. And I promise to blog more!